Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

founder dogs of the NI, Ute and Tamaskan

+5
wild_wulf1
razcox
Lanie
jake
arctic
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

founder dogs of the NI, Ute and Tamaskan - Page 3 Empty Re: founder dogs of the NI, Ute and Tamaskan

Post  arctic Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Danielle wrote:Is Kiskas (Kizzy) the same as Kizzy? Does anyone know who their/her dam and sire are?

I have Kiskas (kizzy) as Mahlek Inuka II's Dam, who is Ammik's dam.
And Kizzy as Mahlek Magenta's dam, who is Mahlek Sakuta's dam.

the only info I have on Kizzy is

Sire Buck
(Buck- Sire Moose/ Dam Majestic)

Dam Willow
(Willow-Sire Alpha/ Dam Majestic)

of course I don't know if this is correct, hopefully someone will post more info

arctic

Back to top Go down

founder dogs of the NI, Ute and Tamaskan - Page 3 Empty Re: founder dogs of the NI, Ute and Tamaskan

Post  Lanie Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:21 am

arctic wrote:
Lanie wrote:
sally wrote:why dont you try asking the person that bred them

Very Happy Just what I was gonna say, Im sure jk will be more than happy to help you both Very Happy

sorry I don't know who bred Buck, Kizzy or Willow

I hope JK posts some info and pics on the thread, then we can all share them, that would be great, I am still hoping to somehow do a picture pedigree. I did find some pics of Eddies dogs on this site http://www.twatha-utonagan.com/info/history.htm although I don't want to promote this site the pictures are great to see, so there are more pics out there.

As these dogs are on the Ute pedigrees as well, perhaps someone from the Utes can post some more info or pics, and the reason I started this thread is that there are people from all the breed groups here. Hopefully more info on the dogs will come to light.

I would have assumed as the dogs in the pedigrees where the dams to Mahlek Dogs that JK bred from the Dams so would more than likely know there background, dont you think?? Very Happy

Also I dont like promoting the Twatha site eithers as she seriously shouldnt be breeding for a long tiome to come, but the pictures can be found with google,

I sometimes think in this age we expet too much ie early 80's not everyone even had cameras, then you had to buy film get them developed etc etc, they didnt take lots o piccies as we do now, also by all accounts Edie wasnt the best at keeping accurate records, and split her dogs up and rehome them so it must be with a degree of dificulty for even the original breeders to provide us with the information we would like. I agree it would be nice to see loads of pictures and know all the facts but lets face it the one woman who had them all isnt here anymore so personally I am grateful to anyone who shares there pics and info but I also know that there will be conflicting memories and not because people want to cause bother but because that is all they have sometimes...memory..
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jake Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jan Farrington (Redkite)? She was also heavily involved at the start maybe she could shed some light. confused

jake

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 am

[quote="Lanie"][quote="arctic"]
Lanie wrote:

I would have assumed as the dogs in the pedigrees where the dams to Mahlek Dogs that JK bred from the Dams so would more than likely know there background, dont you think?? Very Happy

Lainie, this is going to sound controversial, but it isn't meant to be at all, I am only interested in the dogs, and not the politics between the groups, so please don't think that this post is to start an argument, it isn't.

On the pedigrees of a few of the early dogs, there were misunderstandings adding the kennel name on the pedigrees. The kennel names were mistakenly added at the beginning of the dogs name instead of at the end of it.

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 am

[quote="Lanie"][quote="arctic"]
Lanie wrote:
JK bred from the Dams so would more than likely know there background, dont you think?? Very Happy

sorry don't know how to do a multi quote lol...

yes I hope JK can share any info she has on the dogs

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  jake Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 am

[quote="arctic"][quote="Lanie"]
arctic wrote:
Lanie wrote:

Lainie, this is going to sound controversial, but it isn't meant to be at all, I am only interested in the dogs, and not the politics between the groups, so please don't think that this post is to start an argument, it isn't.

On the pedigrees of a few of the early dogs, there were misunderstandings adding the kennel name on the pedigrees. The kennel names were mistakenly added at the beginning of the dogs name instead of at the end of it.

Arctic that is a very good point, maybe you could be a bit more specific as to which dogs you are refering Very Happy

jake

Back to top Go down

Post  sally Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 am

[quote="arctic"][quote="Lanie"]
arctic wrote:
Lanie wrote:

hearsay,hearsay,hearsay

sally

Back to top Go down

Post  kodi2000 Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 am

[quote="sally"][quote="arctic"]
Lanie wrote:
arctic wrote:
Lanie wrote:

hearsay,hearsay,hearsay

i find all this fascinating, i would love to know more of their ancestory as im sure many others would.
can you shed any light on this sally ?
kodi2000
kodi2000

Back to top Go down

Post  sally Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 pm

i have three friends that used to live at eddie harrisons, so yes i do know a bit, and i,m also going to meet jk and tina as soon as i can Very Happy

sally

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 am

don't know if I already asked this, on the NI and Ute databases, is there a dog with the registration number 1?

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:22 am

Very Happy Im sure Tacante was TUS oo1 but will need to double check when I get home.
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Im sure Tacante was TUS oo1 but will need to double check when I get home.

Thanks Lanie

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Im sure Tacante was TUS oo1 but will need to double check when I get home.

did you find out if Tacante was Ute number one, and any other info, date he was registered as a Ute, date of birth, piccie Laughing

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3