Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf MAnagement courses

4 posters

Go down

Wolf MAnagement courses Empty Wolf MAnagement courses

Post  Lanie Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Very Happy Has anyone done the wolf management course at Coombe MArtin, I have been looking into it and really would like to go, wondered if anyone else had and whats it like?
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Wolf MAnagement courses Empty Re: Wolf MAnagement courses

Post  honiahaka Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:34 am

No havent done it myself but was told it used to be good when they had a good team working with them, they have now however gone to new ventures.....one of the ladies that came with shaun to do the wolf talk in Essex for the NIS is coming again next year to do another talk.... she also has a new wolf park in the pipeline too cheers
honiahaka
honiahaka

http://www.honiahaka-northern-inuits.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:51 am

ooooh that sounds good ...do BUA get an invite Very Happy , is she going to be doing anything like the management courses?.. I was looking at the wolf days at the Wolf Foundation in Ely, Minnesota, now that I really want to go on....need to win the lotto first though..they do training and then you can become an educator....you can hire a pack..wolf pelt, skull etc to teach kids...I would really like to do that in the future and take my utes with me to Youth clubs etc...teaching how wolves should be re-introduced as WILD animals and that you can have a lookalike in your house...

Probs be in ma 60s before I get round to that tho, since I got huckled to do other things now Wink Very Happy Very Happy
Lanie
Lanie

Back to top Go down

Post  honiahaka Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 am

The BUA will of course be invited, we couldnt leave you guys out !!!

Ill ask her about the courses im sure once she has fundin in place and is up and running she will do what ever she can, i do know she wants to put tepees etc up for people to stay in Very Happy
honiahaka
honiahaka

http://www.honiahaka-northern-inuits.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 am

Very Happy Very Happy Teepees and Wolves now we are talking...look forward to that...and also her talk...thanks Tracey Very Happy
Lanie
Lanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lainyb Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Teepees and Wolves now we are talking...look forward to that...and also her talk...thanks Tracey Very Happy

Is that a taxi request i feel coming my way affraid affraid
Lainyb
Lainyb

Back to top Go down

Post  kodi2000 Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:24 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Has anyone done the wolf management course at Coombe MArtin, I have been looking into it and really would like to go, wondered if anyone else had and whats it like?

yes ive been on the 1 day course back in the summer. i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it, tho have heard others hadnt, each to thier own i supose.. not having experianced anything else like it i had nothing to compare it to to spoil my enjoyment. i thought it was done very well, and i did learn a few things to about my own dogs.
kodi2000
kodi2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 am

Very Happy OOh how good, what did you get to do please tell all Very Happy
Lanie
Lanie

Back to top Go down

Post  kodi2000 Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy OOh how good, what did you get to do please tell all Very Happy

well as i said i went on the one day course so dont expect tales of safaris on the savana or howling at the moon lol.
what you get is a day with one of their management team, a little classroom stuff where you learn about similarities between domestic dogs and wolves and wolf pack structure etc, to be honest nothing you wont get off the net. but the big thing for me was to be able to meet the wolves up close and personal and see excactly how they interact. you dont go inside but if you are lucky enough as i was they will aproach you and let you stroke them all be it thru chain link fence. i have a small bag of fur that i was able to pluck out of one (they were molting at the time). the experiance of standing eyeball to eyeball with one seperated by a few millimeters of wire while he checked me out is one i wont ever forget. like i said not everyones cup of tea but to me it was well worth it Very Happy
kodi2000
kodi2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Lainyb Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:54 am

That sounds awesome, would definately like to do something like that....rite lanie the taxi is booked Laughing Laughing
Lainyb
Lainyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down