Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog??

3 posters

Go down

Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog?? Empty Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog??

Post  Lanie Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:06 am

Very Happy Thought I would ask as I really dont understand the thinking behind this?

Why when these two breeds have only just managed to be in teh UK without the need for a special license, and why as they are fairly new breeds and also have took a long time to established and get recognised are they being crossed?

My opinion is that the majority of WolfDog owners I have spoken to do not think that this is a good idea nor is it helping establish a breed that they have worked hard to get this far? I dont think they have had a chance to become popular in their own right over here and also I dont feel that the breeders crossing these dogs have enough experience of the breeds to be doing so...

I also think that crossing wolfdogs with wolf look alikes is very misleading to the public and confusing to say the least, as a No Content Breeder I am finding it increasingly difficult to find insurance as the powers at be dont seem to be able to work out that there is a BIG difference between Wolf Dogs and Wolf look a likes... for me it is causing no end of problems?

Also how can you tell what the temperament of these pups are going to be like in the future when these are new mixes and I know from reading it took the Czech and Saarloos breeders a lot of time and work to create the temperament they desired in these breeds, as have the NI and the Ute folks, BUA are embarking on a mass new blood new founders and we have all these things to think of in our future, this is one of the main concerns and high priority in our choices of mates...GSD,MAls and Huskies have been in this country for decades so we have a fair understanding of what lines we should use, researching the history of these, the hindsight of watching how these breeds have mixed in the past...these breeders mixing wolfdogs do not have that so how can you know what is going to happen..

Would it not have been better allowing these breeds to establish before messing about with them? Maybe if you wanted to mix breeds you could have looked at older established breeds instead or even just been happy with the Wolf Dog the way they are?

It just doesnt make sense to me and personally I forsee it causing alot of problems in the future Very Happy

What are your views?
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog?? Empty Re: Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog??

Post  Tupacs2legs Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Lanie you worded that so much better this time lol!
imo..... no need to cross. Wink Very Happy
Tupacs2legs
Tupacs2legs

Back to top Go down

Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog?? Empty Re: Why Cross the Czech and Saarloos Wolfdog??

Post  Ani Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Thought I would ask as I really dont understand the thinking behind this?

Why when these two breeds have only just managed to be in teh UK without the need for a special license, and why as they are fairly new breeds and also have took a long time to established and get recognised are they being crossed?

Money. It's a driving factor for a lot of people, and in this instance those involved believe they'll likely produce a lot of it.
Ani
Ani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down