Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction.

Go down

Introduction. Empty Introduction.

Post  Colbry Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello to all you members.
My wife and I have just returned from the Netherlands. Whilst walking we both saw a most splendid dog.
Me not knowing Dutch and she being Dutch, she asked the owner what the breed was. He replied it was a
Saarloos Wolfhond. We had never heard of this breed before but, we only had to look at the dog to see that
it was something very special. This dog moved with such fluid grace, it was wide awake and beautifully alert.
It shouted wolf, absolutely majestic.
Now us newlyweds decided some time ago that we needed to have dogs in our family. My wife is an experienced
dog owner and me a little less so. She wanted German shepherds and I wanted Huskies. The Saarloos settled this
difference immediately. I have read a great deal about these fine dogs and have not been put off by the less than
enthusiastic press they receive. We both want a dog that is all dog. We are looking for something far better than a
pet, we are looking for a dog that wants to be with us because he and she respect us. Evidently their hearts are not
easily won. We both have family so we don't want babies. We have done all that. We want dogs that are our friends,
not because we walk and feed them but because they enrich our life and we enrich theirs. This is a big investment
on our part as we would like two dogs so they each have a partner and companion and we have two fine companions.
I am asking for advice here or knowlegeable owners who can advise us in a helpful manner. We are aware of the
responsibility we are taking on and we must be fair with our dogs and learn all we can about them before we look
for them.
I hope someone out there can help.

Yours sincerely
Colin and Jenneke Bryant.

Colbry

Back to top Go down