Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know the date NIS was established?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know the date NIS was established? Empty Does anyone know the date NIS was established?

Post  Danielle Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm trying to fill out a questionaire to hopefully get Lupa into the Foundation Stock Service Breeds through AKC (so I can compete in Obedience, Rally, and (maybe) Agility with her). Thats the only question I don't have an answer for.
Danielle
Danielle

http://northerninuitusa.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the date NIS was established? Empty Re: Does anyone know the date NIS was established?

Post  Ty-Ohni Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Have you asked JK as she is the founder flower

Ty-Ohni

http://www.ty-ohni.biz

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the date NIS was established? Empty Re: Does anyone know the date NIS was established?

Post  Danielle Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:31 pm

I have asked her and the NIS a dozen questions over the last year and some...and have gotten very few real responses. I think that the date falls under the "history" part that I've been asking for, there's also the genetic studies, and number of the breed that I've needed to know. I've emailed the questions, asked in conversations, and submitted them to the AGM. I "forwarded on" all that information IN the agm question, and got bs responses that obviously had no thought put into them. So I'm trying a different route. There were others there "in the beginning", I might have more luck trying elsewhere.

I would really like to compete with Lupa, but unless I spay her, there's no way I can do that in a "respectable" venue unless I can get her into the FSS or convince the UKC to allow her. In order to do that, I need the information. So I've put most of it together myself. Right or wrong, at least they'll get a more timely response. If we don't get in, we don't get in, but if we can get in, it seems a shame to not get Lupa started...as some of those titles take years to accomplish. Not to mention, there are tons of those shows near me...compared to the tiny group that has allowed me...I typically have to drive between 2-4 hours one way for an event and events can be months apart.
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 am

Hi Danielle

I did get this question answered by JK, trouble is I can't find the post think it may have been on the old NIS forum, I also asked on the TIDA forum and think it was on their ask the committee thread was accidentally deleted.

From memory I think I had the dates 1996 from one source and 1997 from another, though I don't have any proof of this at the moment.

will trawl through the threads and see if I can find it.

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 am

Danielle wrote:I have asked her and the NIS a dozen questions over the last year and some...and have gotten very few real responses. I think that the date falls under the "history" part that I've been asking for, there's also the genetic studies, and number of the breed that I've needed to know. I've emailed the questions, asked in conversations, and submitted them to the AGM. I "forwarded on" all that information IN the agm question, and got bs responses that obviously had no thought put into them. So I'm trying a different route. There were others there "in the beginning", I might have more luck trying elsewhere.

I would really like to compete with Lupa, but unless I spay her, there's no way I can do that in a "respectable" venue unless I can get her into the FSS or convince the UKC to allow her. In order to do that, I need the information. So I've put most of it together myself. Right or wrong, at least they'll get a more timely response. If we don't get in, we don't get in, but if we can get in, it seems a shame to not get Lupa started...as some of those titles take years to accomplish. Not to mention, there are tons of those shows near me...compared to the tiny group that has allowed me...I typically have to drive between 2-4 hours one way for an event and events can be months apart.
the reason you dont get answers is becouse your rude and obnoxious.

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 pm

jk wrote:
Danielle wrote:I have asked her and the NIS a dozen questions over the last year and some...and have gotten very few real responses. I think that the date falls under the "history" part that I've been asking for, there's also the genetic studies, and number of the breed that I've needed to know. I've emailed the questions, asked in conversations, and submitted them to the AGM. I "forwarded on" all that information IN the agm question, and got bs responses that obviously had no thought put into them. So I'm trying a different route. There were others there "in the beginning", I might have more luck trying elsewhere.

the reason you dont get answers is becouse your rude and obnoxious.

And that was the most polite way to respond
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Just a suggestion bur wouldnt the sensible thing to do be send the forms to your breeder and in turn she could see if the NIS wanted her to be put forward, there are a lot of things this could affect like recognition in their own country first, all the people that have been in the breed since the beginning surely should have the first say in these matters. There is a companion dog register over here that we with unrecognised breeds can go on to compete and if our breed is recognised will then be considered accordingly. Is this not the case in the US??
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Lanie wrote:Just a suggestion bur wouldnt the sensible thing to do be send the forms to your breeder and in turn she could see if the NIS wanted her to be put forward, there are a lot of things this could affect like recognition in their own country first, all the people that have been in the breed since the beginning surely should have the first say in these matters. There is a companion dog register over here that we with unrecognised breeds can go on to compete and if our breed is recognised will then be considered accordingly. Is this not the case in the US??

Lupa was purchased under the assumption that she was probably going to be the "first" major contribution out here, these things were discussed, plenty of times. The forms are for the OWNER not the breeder. The owners are the ones to register their own dog, it even has a section to mark if you are an individual owner or a breed club.

Besides, not very many people in the original country want the NI to be recognized, that much has been clearly answered.

As for the companion dog register, it is not the case over here, any mix breed or unrecognized breed MUST be spay/neutered in order to be able to participate UNLESS I go through the appropriate route to register her with FSS in the AKC or the LP in UKC. Its not really a complicated form. The most complicated part is getting truthful information. I've managed to fill out the majority of it, just waiting on figuring out the date....I had, actually, planned on sending it to the NIS/Lupa's breeder first to make sure that it was correct to best of our knowledge.

So JK, would you please answer the question if you know the answer?
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 pm

of course i know when it was set up derrrrrrrrrrrrrr i set it up.i find you rude and arrogant and have absolutely no intention of answering any questions directly from you,think you,ll also find that anyone else in America that wants a northern Inuit is likely to have a hard time getting one as most breeders now wouldn,t entertain sending one over.

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:55 pm

yeah, i suppose i am such a horrible owner...wanting to get my dog out meeting new people and new dogs, and showing off everything she's learned...i suppose i had it coming to me for being so interested in promoting a breed out here. Thanks for all of your life-time support NIS, i really appreciate it.
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 am

here you go showing your ignorance again,your so twisted,this is me not the northern inuit society and not once have i said your a horrible owner [nothing to do with you and your dog].

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 am

Danielle, Sorry I didn't find the info, think it must have been on the old NIS forum, perhaps one of the other NIS committee members could answer the question.

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks Ali, I had thought about writing to NIS, but I have a feeling my email/snailmail would get lost and I still wouldn't receive an answer...just call it a hunch Rolling Eyes

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, I suppose. Since I want to participate with my dog more than I want to breed her, the choice is really not that complicated. I just thought that the NIS committee had more interest in expanding their breed this way, I mean, what breed club wouldn't want to get their breed "out there" showing off what they are and what they can do? I was once told that the NI was such a versatile breed and could do anything...well, I've learned the hard way that its anything so long as the right people agree, otherwise they do everything to try to make you out to be the "bad guy".

If wanting to work with my dog on concuring new challanges and creating stronger bonds makes me a bad guy, well then so be it. Anyone that knows me know that my dogs mean everything to me, and I would do anything to keep them happy and healthy. I just find it so strange that people in the dog world seem to forget what the bottom line is: its all about the dogs.
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:22 am

Danielle wrote:Thanks Ali, I had thought about writing to NIS, but I have a feeling my email/snailmail would get lost and I still wouldn't receive an answer...just call it a hunch Rolling Eyes

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, I suppose. Since I want to participate with my dog more than I want to breed her, the choice is really not that complicated. I just thought that the NIS committee had more interest in expanding their breed this way, I mean, what breed club wouldn't want to get their breed "out there" showing off what they are and what they can do? I was once told that the NI was such a versatile breed and could do anything...well, I've learned the hard way that its anything so long as the right people agree, otherwise they do everything to try to make you out to be the "bad guy".

If wanting to work with my dog on concuring new challanges and creating stronger bonds makes me a bad guy, well then so be it. Anyone that knows me know that my dogs mean everything to me, and I would do anything to keep them happy and healthy. I just find it so strange that people in the dog world seem to forget what the bottom line is: its all about the dogs.
well what a load of crap.i have never criticised you as a dog lover or owner,but all you do is criticise the northern inuit society and how its run,by making assumptions or having a hunch [your words and your rolly eyes,what im saying [that's me jk a person not a society] is that your rude and arrogant ,you make too many assumptions,and that is nothing to do with whether your a good dog owner or not.

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:58 pm

jk wrote:
Danielle wrote:Thanks Ali, I had thought about writing to NIS, but I have a feeling my email/snailmail would get lost and I still wouldn't receive an answer...just call it a hunch Rolling Eyes

well what a load of crap.i have never criticised you as a dog lover or owner,but all you do is criticise the northern inuit society and how its run,by making assumptions or having a hunch [your words and your rolly eyes,what im saying [that's me jk a person not a society] is that your rude and arrogant ,you make too many assumptions,and that is nothing to do with whether your a good dog owner or not.

Okay, emailing the NIS now, I'll post up what Ian's response is when I get it. Fair enough?
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 am

Here's his response, thanks to Ian for answering.

Hi Danielle,

There is some debate as to the actual date but we think it should be 31st March 1996, this was before the DEFRA trial in 1998 when Julie was challenge as to the Wolf Content and won.

But breeding of the NI was taking place in late 1997 but as far as we can ascertain the name NORTHERN INUIT was used in March 1996.

I hope that helps.

I can only assume that you are collecting information to apply for recognition in America, please be aware that the application to be recognised by the Irish KC was thrown out. As they will not entertain it

until we are accepted by the KC in the UK, therefore I would assume that you would have the same issues in the US.

Also at this point I would like to point out that any application on behalf of the NIS regarding the NI breed to any governing body would have to be approved by the NIS committee.

Whilst I do not wish to discourage your passion for the NIS and the NI breed please be aware that the reason we are having to wait so long for acceptance to the UK KC is because the year we applied

A number of other individuals also applied to register the same breed, this caused confusion at the KC and they refused to look at the application and postponed it.

Kind regards Ian
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy seeeeeeeeeeeeee ask politely and you do get a response.

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

I asked you, you could have just answered me.
Danielle
Danielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jk Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Danielle wrote:I asked you, you could have just answered me.
like i said you just need to ask nicely,not demand or ask in a rude way Very Happy

jk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum