Wolf Like Dogs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf Like Dogs
Wolf Like Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want KC Recognition for your breed?

+2
arctic
razcox
6 posters

Go down

Do you want KC Recognition for your breed? Empty Do you want KC Recognition for your breed?

Post  razcox Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:43 am

What the title says! I have been talking on another thread about the KC and i thought i would post a disscussion about it as none of the wolfie breeds are recognised by the UK KC.

For me in the current form of the KC i dont want them to be recognised. This would open the door for anyone to reg dogs as long as they had the money to do so. I think the NI is better off in the hands of the NIS who require health tests to register dogs and litters now. I would like to be able to go to more shows and to shutup the doubters but these are selfish reasons and it would not benifit the breed in the long run. The KC would have to move with the time and stop being an old boys network for me to want to be a part of it.

What does everyone else think?
razcox
razcox

http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Do you want KC Recognition for your breed? Empty Re: Do you want KC Recognition for your breed?

Post  arctic Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 am

I would have liked to see KC recognition for the NI, as that would have put an end to the factions. Breeding ethics is down to the individual breeders, there are good and bad inside and outside of KC registration

The KC are making an effort now to put a stop to inbreeding and bad breeding practices, and have now changed the breed standard for some breeds.

unfortunately I can't see KC recognition ever happening for the NI, but maybe one of the offshoot breeds will get recognised in the future.

arctic

Back to top Go down

Do you want KC Recognition for your breed? Empty Re: Do you want KC Recognition for your breed?

Post  razcox Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:27 am

arctic wrote:
unfortunately I can't see KC recognition ever happening for the NI, but maybe one of the offshoot breeds will get recognised in the future.

Can i ask why you think this? Surely it would be more likely for the NI to get recognised in the future then a breed that sprang from it?
razcox
razcox

Back to top Go down

Post  sally Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:55 am

i like what the northern inuit sciety dose for there members and the dogs.the people who started the northern inuit breed are the ones running the northern inuit society,and my opinion is, its in the best hands Very Happy

sally

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:24 am

cheers I would Looooooove the British Ute to get recognised cause then I can retire, move to an island and have a real pack hahaha affraid clown Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

No seriously though if a breed is recognised then the KC hold all records, they have much bigger and better resources than any unrecognised breed, also it would mean our dogs get to compete in their own right against all other breeds, and considering we are going back to the original shape of a Dog then surely our gang (all breeds on here included) will be far superior to all the rest Laughing

I do think that a lot of the breeding ethics and practises in the KC breeds was down to the individual breeds, their judges and breeders not the KC...and I would also like to see any newly recognised breed made to input new lines on and off to stop anything like bottleneck genes to happen...

I also think that the NIS will be the first and probably not too far down the line I hope to be recognised, they seem to be the only consistant club and breed so far.... (we will be chasing yous shortly after Laughing )
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakuen Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 am

Very Happy I dream of the day when the Tamaskan will get KC recognition. They are such wonderful dogs!

Rakuen

Back to top Go down

Post  arctic Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am

razcox wrote:
arctic wrote:

Can i ask why you think this? Surely it would be more likely for the NI to get recognised in the future then a breed that sprang from it?

just my opinion but from what I have seen, most of the NIS don't want KC recognition, and for the application there needs to be accurate records kept from the beginning of a breed

this is why I feel the off shoot breeds like the BUA 'British Utonagon', and the TIDA 'Timberdog', who are starting from now with their breeds. And the Tamaskan that has been going for longer as a separate breed may get KC recognition.

arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 am

Lanie wrote:
No seriously though if a breed is recognised then the KC hold all records, they have much bigger and better resources than any unrecognised breed, also it would mean our dogs get to compete in their own right against all other breeds, and considering we are going back to the original shape of a Dog then surely our gang (all breeds on here included) will be far superior to all the rest Laughing

I do think that a lot of the breeding ethics and practises in the KC breeds was down to the individual breeds, their judges and breeders not the KC...and I would also like to see any newly recognised breed made to input new lines on and off to stop anything like bottleneck genes to happen...

I agree with this. They have a lot of resources and we would be allowed to join in on all the sports and events that are currently closed off to "mixed breeds".

As far as watching over all the breeders...well, thats not even happening now. The breed clubs could say that they have all the control, but the truth is that they don't. How many people are using NI to cross with other breeds right now? How many people are breeding and advertising on free sites? How many people think they have an NI when all the have is a gsd x mal, but it was sold as an NI...I think that (at least in that last case) KC recognition would help...because a KC registration paper means a lot more to people than breed club registration papers. Especially for people who are not knowledgeable about the breed, but want a puppy. Right now, any willy-nilly could make up "registration papers" and the new owners won't know the difference until they search out NIS or TIDA, by then its too late to tell them that they've been fooled.

And I agree with Arctic (sorry, I never remember your name). I think it would end the wars and disputes between the current breed clubs. They would both still exist, I'm sure, but not one group will have more "power" than the other.

And, just in case I didn't make it clear, we could join in on all the reindeer games at official trials and competitions Cool I would love that.
Danielle
Danielle

http://northerninuitusa.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  razcox Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:43 pm

'just my opinion but from what I have seen, most of the NIS don't want KC recognition, and for the application there needs to be accurate records kept from the beginning of a breed'

See this is the part i dont get about new KC recognition, a lot of breeds go back a long way and come from a background that do not keep records but they are now KC breeds . . . Take the Mal for example. This is a breed that was bred by native peoples who didnt believe in a written record and grew popular during a time of great up heavel in the region (gold rush). I refuse to believe they can trace the mal back to the very first dogs used in it creation the ones that went into making it the way it is. They can however go back to the first dogs that were called Mals and were bred with other mals to form the start of the breed we know as mal if that makes any sense LOL.

Well the NIS can do that do with dogs like Call of the wild and if they were happy to except the mal with these records then why not the NI?
razcox
razcox

Back to top Go down

Post  Lanie Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 am

Very Happy Yes the first Beardies where called Bess and Jake they where farm dogs with no background and then put to a few polish lowland dogs traded between farmers , I think as long as the founders and forwards are kept accurately that is suffice
Lanie
Lanie

http://www.britishutonagan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  razcox Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 am

Lanie wrote:Very Happy Yes the first Beardies where called Bess and Jake they where farm dogs with no background and then put to a few polish lowland dogs traded between farmers , I think as long as the founders and forwards are kept accurately that is suffice

So another example where the founding dogs have an unknown background them. I am sure the KC are just using this as an excuse to not let the NI in because they dont want or like change.
razcox
razcox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down